Monday, August 10, 2009

Follicles and Estrogen and Ultrasounds, Oh My! (aka Day 11)

So, after Friday's worries about my follicles growing slowly, I guess they decided to become overachievers. I had an ultrasound yesterday in Charleston and I have about 30 that are around 15-17 mm. My coordinator says I'll most likely be triggering tomorrow night. I started G.anerelix and S.aizen last night and I feel so drugged. My legs feel like jello and I feel like I could pass out at any moment. I'm at work but I'm no good for much.

Today's E2 count - 3500. Yikes! I'm drinking protein/gatorade drinks (disgusting) and getting anti-OHSS treatments at acupuncture. Hopefully that will be enough to ward off the evil hyperstimulation that I am so terrified of.

I had quite a bad u/s experience this morning. I went to the satelite office here in town where I go for monitoring. (It's another RE's office *let's call him Dr. M.* but they let my RE's patients go there for bloodwork and ultrasounds and a dr. from my RE's office is there once a week.) Anyway, a new nurse and Dr. M. came in this morning to do my ultrasound. They were complete bumbling idiots. Neither one knew what they were doing. My u/s took 30 minutes and the measurements were totally off from yesterday (so says my ivf coordinator). It was ridiculous. So now, we have to drive 2 hours to Charleston AGAIN tomorrow for another u/s! Then back to Charleston on Thursday for ER and then again for ET. Not that I don't love Chas, but SHEESH! Mr. C. and I are so frustrated with this process. Oh, well. At least I am being closely monitored! I'm hanging in there for now. Oops, it's past time for one of my meds. I'm off to shoot up.....

6 comments:

sulfababy said...

Gosh, sorry about the ultrasound experience. What a waste of time, money, gas, everything. Good luck with retrieval and transfer. :)

Kahla said...

Hey! I was thinking about you the other day and am so glad I came over to check on you. What a horrible u/s experience, but I sure hope all of this leads up to a fantastic ER/ET. Sending P&PT your way.

Lucy said...

Wishing you the best for this cycle! Sending you lots of good thoughts for super follicles! I know the feeling of going through the motions and kind of just looking forward to the end. Keep the faith! You are doing everything you can. Much love.

Dee.. said...

That's a really bad u/s! They are really clueless !!
Wishing you all the best!!

The Kyler said...

I know OHSS is scary to think about...drink, drink and drink some more!!! I know I was so sick of the protein shakes when I was going through it! My E2 always shoots up really high also, so one of my questions on our next cycle was going to be is there something we can do about that. Praying for your ER and ET to go smoothly!

Peeveme said...

I'm glad things look like they are going well.

Boo on all the driving. It's just one more thing to stress about.