Friday, August 14, 2009

ER and Fertilization Report

I survived ER! They got 24 eggs! The embryologist called this morning and told us that we have 13 embryos going strong. 7 eggs were immature and 4 did not fertilize. I'm happy with 13, though. Hopefully one (or more) of those will be winners. I'm feeling yucky, but hanging in there. I mainly feel like I have really bad indigestion and it's hard to take a deep breath. I think that's because my ovaries are so enlarged and are pushing on my diaphragm. I'm taking it easy, lying around in bed and reading Pat Conroy's new book. My day 3 transfer is scheduled for 10:30 on Sunday. They'll call me that morning if I'm pushed to a day 5 transfer (fingers crossed). Thanks for all the well wishes!

7 comments:

Rambler said...

All the best! Sounds like you've got some good options for taking it easy, plus a weekend so no worries from work.

Good luck!

~Hollie said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! Keep up the protein, that will help the dreaded fluid from accumulating. I'm so happy for you! 13 is WONDERFUL! Lots of prayers for your success!

pumpkinseed said...

So glad to hear you survived! I know what you mean about the deep breaths, like a really tight constricting feeling. I actually felt better (both breathing & indigestion wise) after I did some yoga (nothing grand, mostly standing, taking deep breaths and moving my arms) on the third day. Good luck on your upcoming transfer!

pumpkinseed said...

Hi Kelly,
Monday is beta day - can't wait...

They don't tell me my E2 levels, but at my last wtf appt my RE mentioned that my for last cycle they were just over 4500 two days before retrieval. They were probably similar for this cycle.

Anonymous said...

I love you Kelly. Good luck- I'm thinking of you.
P.R.E.T

Dee said...

Day 5 ! Day 5!! 13 embryos! Well done!!!! will be praying for the embryos to stick!!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Wow, 24 eggs! That is great news!!! I will be praying for that 5 day transfer for you!

Karen