Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 8 of Stims Update

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. It gives me so much positive energy to know that I have so many cheerleaders out there!

I've now made it to day 8! Here's what I have to show for it so far:

Day 4 - E2 is 106
Day 6 - E2 is 506
Day 8 - E2 is 1,444

So far I have no follicles over 12mm. This has never happened before; usually they grow quickly and uniformly. Now they are slow and I have no standouts. I have almost 30 follicles, they are just not up to where they usually are at this point. My RE doesn't seem worried. He's actually decreasing my F.ollistem for the next 2 nights. He just thinks they need longer than usual to grow. This is the first time we've done the antagonist protocol, so maybe that's what's making the difference. My estrogen is going up very quickly, which always freaks me out. Apparently, once I start the antagon injections, that will help to keep my E2 down. I'll also start the growth hormone S.aizen injections when we get some bigger follicles. So, I guess we're looking at an ER on maybe Wednesday or Thursday at the soonest. We'll know more after Sunday's u/s and bloodwork. I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Peeveme said...

Thinking of you!

Karen At Home Blog said...

I am sure everything will work out just perfect Kelly! Follistim worked wonders for us and I know it will for you too. Hang in there, you will get some front runners soon along with a lot of others it sounds like!!!

Warmly,
Karen

pumpkinseed said...

Good luck Kelly on growing your follies. If your RE doesn't seem troubled by your response things must be going as planned. I actually liked it when I had to change a dosage because it seemed to confirm that they were paying attention to me!

The Coach's Wife said...

Been following your blog for a while...we just had our 1st IVF pregnancy after 3 failed IVF's and just miscarried. We will be gearing up for IVF #5- which will be a FET!!
Thinking of your and can't wait for wonderful news! Grow follies grow!

Dee.. said...

I'm thinking and will pray for you. You have 30 follicles and that quite a number. I will pray for a good number of them to mature at the same time and that they are harvested at the same time.