Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ann Taylor Loft, why have you forsaken me???

For those of you who don't know, I love to shop at Ann Taylor Loft. (I love Ann Taylor, too, but my town's not cool enough to have one.) Anyway, I'm a petite flower and their clothes fit short me to a tee. So when I was a full time teacher, I worked at the Loft during the summers and sometimes a few hours a week during the year just to get the oh-so-amazing associate discount.

When I was working there (before ttc) I heard the rumor that they were going to start a maternity line. I was so excited and looked forward to the day when I would have a need for that line. Well, soon it came out, we started ttc, I stopped working there, and I was still so excited that when the time came, I'd have cute, comfy, well fitting maternity duds.

Fast forward to now. Still no baby. Still no pregnancy lasting long enough to need more than an occasional unbuttoning of the pants. Of course today, in a rare hopeful 2WW moment, I go to the Loft website to see what cute offerings they have in the maternity section. Imagine my horror when I realized that they have done away with their maternity line! It is no longer! SO not only has IF taken away my innocence, my money, and my life, it's taken away my ability to purchase Ann Taylor Loft maternity!!! F*#k you IF!

(PS...Can you tell I'm hormonal by my snarky tone?!)

10 comments:

~Hollie said...

Bummer! I am short too, it is so difficult to find nice clothes. I can't imagine the hunt for maternity clothes. I'm thinking a potato sack with holes in it for arms will suffice, right?

Chelle said...

OH MAN!! That sucks. Stupid IF.

s.e. said...

Not to make your more snarky but ... dare I share... I had heard Ann Taylor may be going out of business. Maybe this is the reason they cut the line??

I hope for you that is not true info. I really do.

Anonymous said...

Say it isn't so!! Boo hoo! And GOD FORBID, I really hope the post before me is wrong!! (About A.T. going out of business!)
I'm thinking about you!! I cannot wait until Friday for you! :)

George said...

That totally stinks! Could be a sign of bad things for Ann Taylor...a lot of retailers are struggling right now!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Girl, I hear you on this one. I too was bummed to hear that they did away with thier maternity line and I never got to enjoy it due to IF.

Rebekah said...

I was so upset when I realized they were shutting that section down, too. We've been through enough already!

Unknown said...

I love AT and the loft. So bummed they did away with the maternity section. :(

Kristin (kekis) said...

I don't shop at AT or ATL, but I guess them discontinuing the maternity line explains how I got two pairs of maternity jeans for less than $9 including shipping! Now, what am I going to do with maternity jeans??? Guess they'll go in the hidden "baby" pile under the guest bed. Oh well.

Mnowac said...

Oh man, that's a bummer. I will tell you that I am only 5'2 and I was able to get some lovely jeans at Mimi maternity, but only with full belly panels. Before my belly was big I just did the bella band thing. I actually heart the 2 pairs of jeans I got there a lot and I have a horrible time finding jeans to fit me.