Friday, April 30, 2010

39 week update

I had my 39 week OB appointment yesterday. Unfortunately, I have not dilated at all. The doctor said that my cervix was soft and thin and that the baby's head was "right there", so I guess those are good signs, but I'm definitely discouraged that I haven't made more progress. I've been having so many Braxton Hicks, as well as crampy feeling contractions. I'm going back in on Thursday for another check. If I've dilated some, we'll probably schedule an induction for Thursday or Friday. I am SOOOOO ready to meet this baby! Off to take a walk....

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Okay here is my encouragement for this week...I know you are so disappointed that there wasn't any dilation BUT the hardest part of preparing for labor for your body esp with your first baby is softening and thinning. Dilation can happen VERY quickly if you are already soft and baby's head is low! The crampy feeling is a very good sign to me!! Keep walking and drink some red rasberry leaf tea! I know you want to meet your sweet baby but try not to be induced if you can stand it--I really regret being induced and was minutes away from a csection.

J said...

You're so close now! I'm going to say some last-minute you prayers that everything lines up for the delivery you hoped for. Enjoy your last week. I'm beginning to forget what baby kicks feel like and it makes me some kinda sad :)

Kahla said...

Thinking of you and sending lots of prayers!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog since before this little one was on the way and I am just so thrilled to see you at this point--so, so, so close now!

Wishing you a wonderful and smooth labor and delivery! What an amazing moment ahead when you get to meet this little one!

Best,
Courtney (long time reader and rooter for you and sometimes poster)

J said...

Ok, sister. It's time for an update. Have you had that little one yet? So excited to hear :)

Anonymous said...

The doctor = a creep

Anonymous said...

That doctor was a creepy loser

Anonymous said...

Loser