Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Godson Patrick!

Yes, I am alive! I've been a terrible blogger. I just needed a break from the IF scene and time to deal with everything. Thank you all so much for all your kind comments. It meant so much that all of you were thinking of us and giving us support. Mr. C and I had our blood drawn for the RPL (Repeat Pregnancy Loss) panel a couple of weeks ago and we are waiting for the results to come back before we move forward with another fresh cycle. I actually really hope they find something, even if it's bad. At least that would give us closure. I'll keep you posted.

In much happier and more exciting news, we finally got to meet our godson Patrick last weekend! (Check out his blog post about our visit!) His parents Heather (my first cousin) and Craig flew to the East coast from Colorado, along with Heather's dad (my uncle) from Washington. We all met at my parents' house in NC. Our grandmother also got to meet her great grandson for the first time. It was a wonderful family reunion and we had a blast! It was so wonderful for me to be with Patrick and to feel the joy of being around a baby. He was just the remedy for my sadness. Here are lots of photos from our time together.

Sweet Patrick.


Me holding Patrick.


Mr. C. and Patrick.


The cousins! Mr. C., me, Craig, and Heather.


The cutest smile ever!


The godparents.


Mr. C. posing with our furbabies.


A family photo in my parents' yard.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

He is such a cutie!! Hoping that you get answers soon. big hugs!

Peeveme said...

Sounds like a nice time. What an honor to be chosen to be a godmother!

Sara Scissors said...

I was wondering about you too, but figured you needed some time. Glad you're taking care of yourself and getting that testing done. And what a beautiful godson you have!!! :)

Julia said...

He is a sweet baby. You'll make great godparents and what and honor.

Love the family pics too.

Anonymous said...

What an ADORABLE little man- Patrick that is (Mr. C too, lol!)! I love the pictures!
I'm so happy you got away for awhile, to relax and enjoy family. I'm glad you're back in blogland too!!
Talk to you soon!!!

Craig said...

Yay! Great post.

Let us know how the testing comes back (if you want to).

Love from C,H and P.R.E.T

Chelle said...

What wonderful pictures! I hope that your testing goes okay and that you find some answers.