Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busy Weekend...Now I'm Sick

Mr. C. had a great time this past weekend! First, we went to see the movie "Blindness" on Friday night. It's based on the Nobel Prize winning novel by Jose Saramago. I've read the book which was graphic, horrifying at times, and gripping. It's a commentary on society and how it completely breaks down in the face of an epidemic of blindness. Anyway, the book was good, but I can't say the same about the movie. It didn't really translate onscreen and didn't capture all that the book did. It is definitely not a feel-good movie!

On Saturday, we went to see Michael Buble in concert. He is quite an entertainer! He performed in a large collesium and it was packed! His songs and voice remind me of a modern Frank Sinatra. On the way to the concert, we stopped by the Homecoming celebration at my college. It was fun to walk around campus and see all the changes and the things that will never change. I went to a small liberal arts school that I absolutely LOVED.

We also went to a special Mass this weekend. We aren't Catholic, but I have several friends that are, and one of them sent me an email about this service. It was for the remembrance of lost children. People who had lost a child through miscarriage, complications of pregnancy, stillbirth, etc. were invited to attend. It was a beautiful service with amazing music and touching words. About 10 minutes into the service, we got a text from our friends saying they had just had a baby boy. Wow, I lost it at that point and I cried and cried. Happy for them, sad for us.

Yesterday I woke up feeling awful. Sore throat, headache, body aches, etc. Yuck. I'm feeling better today, though. This reminds me that I need to go get a flu shot asap! Going to go back to sleep now...

2 comments:

Julia said...

Good to hear for you. Sorry you're not feeling well. Sounds like you had a busy weekend.

Get better soon!

debbie said...

Glad to hear from you. Hope you get healthy soon. And your redecorated room looks lovely.